The workshop has the following modules:
- Lecture: The lecture introduces you to tall building systems and cover the core concepts involved in ‘design of tall buildings’ (day 1)
- Case studies: Various case studies on present day existing tall buildings (Day 1)
- Practical Session: The unique part of the workshop comes here. Each participant will design their own CAD model of a tall building and do analysis (Day 2)
- Certificate of participation from Civil Simplified to all the participants
- A booklet on the topic ‘Design of Tall Buildings’ to all the participants
- Career Guidance and Counselling by IIT alumni
- Better Chances to pursue higher education in IITs/Universities abroad
- Useful to develop good B.Tech/M.Tech projects
Content designed, developed and delivered by IIT Kanpur Civil Engineering graduates
- Introduction to tall building systems
- Theory of load resisting systems
- Industrial approach projects
- Site office coordination case studies
- Modeling. Analysis and Design issues arising during practical sessions
- Live Demonstration and practical examples
- Group discussions and presentations
Who should attend:
- Any Civil Engineering aspirant
- Willing to take up Civil Engineering projects
- Looking for career in Civil Engineering
- Willing to pursue higher studies in Civil Engineering
Click on the ‘enroll now’ button on the top right hand corner to sign up for this class.
For any enquiries, please leave us a message on the comment stream at the bottom of the page.
Civil Simplified is the brainchild of IIT Kanpur alumni formed with the intention of improving awareness about the latest trends in civil engineering and to bridge the gap between industry requirements and what academia offers. We aim to come up with tailor made courses/ workshops that would equip young Indian students with the skills and knowledge related to various aspects of civil engineering. Our workshops are carefully designed to expose participants to multi-disciplinary demands of the industry.
We strongly believe that complicated engineering concepts can be taught in a simple manner using innovative methodologies. Through our well-structured lectures, workshops and other practical sessions, we help students understand the complicated topics of civil engineering in an interesting way. Our sessions are planned to help students open up their mind and begin to look at engineering in a much broader perspective.