A thousand year old village inviting you to walk through its quaintly winding lanes. The fascinating play of light & shadow among the earthy Warli houses. The fragrance of Nature permeating the fields of medicinal herbs & healthy grain. An immense variety of birds calling out for your attention in birdsong.
Eat delicious food cooked on firewood with simple ingredients & a pure heart, in the company of the village folk at their homes. If you’re up for it, you could even lend a hand with the cooking! Exchange life-stories with the group over tea around a bonfire. Sing. Dance if you feel called to move to a more primeval rhythm. And for dessert – the utterly beautiful Milky Way. Lie back on your charpai and take in the eternal dance of the stars & other celestial bodies as they waltz through the night sky.
What We Offer
- Photography workshops set in thousand year old villages
- Complete access to the village, its people, and farms. Guided nature trails through the neighbouring hills & valleys
- Local guides to take you through activities such as cultivating & harvesting crops, and the chopping of firewood, etc.
- Great food
Where is this workshops held?
Purushwadi is 220 kms from Mumbai off Igatpuri. Our packages include travel to the village (from Mumbai and back) by air-conditioned cars.
We’ll be camping in tents. The tents are provided with mattress, blankets, bed-sheets, pillows & pillow-covers. If the guest is unable to accommodate in a tent then we have villager’s houses that can be used.
What topics will be covered?
If you have done a workshop with me in the past…
- Understand what makes a good TRAVEL/EDITORIAL photograph
- Experiment with COMPOSITION i.e. understand how composition impacts the overall emotional appeal of a photograph
- INTERACT with local people to get an idea about life in Purushwadi
- Create magical PHOTO ESSAYS
If you have never done a workshop with me in the past…
- LOSE the dependence on AUTO and PROGRAMME MODES. Use the MANUAL MODE instead
- Set the ISO, APERTURE and SHUTTER SPEED depending on the available light and subject
- Improve the quality of the photographs that you make in LOW LIGHT by using the above settings to your advantage
- Choose a relevant DEPTH OF FIELD for every photograph that you make
- Set the appropriate LIGHT METERING MODE, WHITE BALANCE, PICTURE STYLE etc.
- COMPOSE powerful photographs
What is the impact of you booking a weekend photography workshop?
- 18% increase in average annual household income of over 80 households
- Over 2000 days of employment created annually
- Reduction in migration
- Conservation of traditions & biodiversity
- Connecting urban & rural communities
- We endeavour to contribute towards the UN’s MDG’s through Rural Tourism
Click on the enroll now tab on the top right hand corner to enroll now.
For any inquiry please put a comment on the comment stream at the bottom of the page.
I have a great passion for teaching photography. And at the end of this weekend, you too will become a passionate photographer.