Simplified Hydroponics Training Workshop
What is HYDROPONICS? Hydroponics is the practice of growing plants without soil. Benefits of Hydroponic Technology
- Minimum Land Use High Yields in small land footprint
- No Genetically Modified seeds used Multiple and Mixed crops per year
- Many varieties of FFV’s can be cultivated Low downtime between crops
- Easy to maintain systems Pesticide Free
- Used Water can be recycled and used No water run-off, avoids pollution
- Minimum Carbon Footprint Soil-Less Cultivation
- Absolutely Hygienic, No Chemical Trace Can Grow Vegetables, Fruits and Herbs
- Is non-messy, clean agriculture and appeals to the modern generation Post-harvest waste can be composted.
- 1. Parts of a plant.
- 2. Life cycle of flowering plant.
- 3. Climate and plant growth.
- 4. Ecology of plant environment.
- 5. Health benefits of green and clean surrounding
- 6. Soilless Substrates
- 7. Soil less culture – why?
- 8. Hydroponics
- 9. Genesis
- 10. Advantages
- 11. Plant culture in hydroponics
- 12. Containers/Growers
- 13. Substrates
- 14. Water quality (TDS) for hydroponics
- 15. pH and EC of water and substrates
- 16. Seedling production
- 17. Shallow tubs
- 18. Seedling trays
- 19. Coir pith an useful substrate
- 20. Hydration of coir pith-How
- 21. Filling the growers
- 22. Solarization of used substrate
- 23. Reuse of substrates
- 24. Hydroponic Nutrients
- 25. Essential nutrients
- 26. Plant nutrition in ions
- 27. Water soluble salts
- 28. Mixing of nutrients
- 29. Recycling the excess nutrient solution
- 30. Flushing the excess nutrients
- 31. Plant protection
- 32. Pests, weeds and diseases
- 33. Integrated non-chemical pest management
- 34. Day to day care of the garden (Why and How)
- 35. Harvesting
- 36. Recording day to day operations
- 37. Seeding into seedling trays
- 38. Transplanting of seedlings
- 39. Precautions while doing transplants
Questions: At the end of each session there will be a short Question and Answer session during which you may ask questions. Kindly cooperate with the team.
Parking: Parking is available within the school campus at designated areas.
Food: Tea and Snacks will be provided along with Vegetarian Lunch
Note Pads: Kindly bring your note pads and pens for taking notes.
Training Materials: A Training DVD along with the Training Notes will be provided as part of the training course fees.
Dress: Casuals for your comfort being hot and humid outside the classroom.
Please do not forget your sunglasses and hats/caps as it could be a hot day. Hydroponic Starter Kits: Please add Rs 1500/- extra to your payment if interested. (Please letus know by 12th Nov if you would like the Hydroponic Starter kit) Certificate of Attendance if desired, will be Rs 130/- inclusive of courier charges.
Click on the enroll now tab on the top right hand corner to enroll now.
For any inquiry please put a comment on the comment stream at the bottom of the page.
The Trainer: Mr. Arun J Holla, Head-Urban Projects, HGTIPL Bangalore.
The Organization: Hydroponic Greenhouse Technologies India Private Limited, Bangalore.
Mission of Hydroponic Greenhouse Technologies
Our mission is to help by training people in rural and urban areas to set up Hydroponic Vegetable and Herb gardens on their rooftops,balconies, backyards and even on window sills. We wish to make Urban farming a norm in the years to come. This technique will help common people to learn the methods of growing their own food within the resources of their own homes. This has great relevance at a time when food security crisis is slowly becoming a reality in the world.
We have been doing a great job in Banglore & looking forward to do the same in Mumbai as well.
As the Founder and Chief Visionary of this organization I can assure you that you will love the training and we promise you that you it will be a memorable day and the start of a new chapter in your lives that will not only enrich you but the world at large.